||The Sime Darby Motors Group companies in Singapore are committed to ensuring that your
personal data is protected. The purpose of this document is to explain how we collect information about you, the procedures that we
have in place to safeguard your privacy and how you can instruct us if you prefer to limit the use of that information.|
||The Sime Darby Motors Group companies in Singapore including Performance Motors Limited
will collect and use your personal data which we obtain directly from you, for example from the vehicle sales or purchase agreements,
repair order, vehicle rental agreements and/or contracts and related forms signed by you, from third parties, such as credit reference
agencies or our service providers, or information we obtain as a result of our relationship with you, for any of the following purposes,
- for registration of the vehicle(s) stated in the vehicle sale agreement(s) entered into with you, to register ownership of the vehicle(s) with the relevant transportation authorities, including but not limited to Land Transport Authority;
- for the provision of vehicle leasing, rental or chauffeur driven services as stated in the respective contracts entered into with you for such services;
- to share your information with the vehicle manufacturer(s), its/their related corporations and contractors, and/or insurance companies, which will provide the necessary warranties and/or extended warranties (if any) for the vehicle(s);
- to share your information with financial institutions and motor vehicle insurers, on your behalf, in order that you may obtain financing for the purchase of the vehicle(s) and the motor insurance on the vehicle(s), respectively and, where applicable, to obtain the loan amounts outstanding from financial institutions, on your behalf, in order to assist you in effecting your motor vehicle loan redemptions;
- to update our after-sales service records. The relevant information is then used by us, our appointed after-sales service dealers, our agents and sub-contractors to provide the relevant after-sales service and/or to repair the vehicle(s) as well as to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the services in general including to notify you by any means, including by short message services ("SMS") of the next/subsequent date/mileage for routine service for the vehicle(s);
- for research, audit and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide, for administrative purposes and geographical and statistical analysis; and
- for the purpose of organizing events for you, to inform you of by any means (including through SMS, multi-media services ("MM"), phone call, fax, magazines, or brochures) any new products, promotions or services provided by the Sime Darby Motors Group companies in Singapore.
||We will also disclose your information to:-
- our service providers, for example, providers of web hosting or maintenance services, for the purpose of supplying us with the inter connected servers and/or web site links with the relevant authorities.
- to our customer service agencies for research and analysis purposes so that we can monitor and improve the services we provide, for administrative purposes and geographical and statistical analysis.
- to our services providers and/or the vehicle manufacturer(s), its/their related corporations and contractors for the purpose of organizing events for you, to inform you of and send to you by any means (including through SMS, MMS, phone call, fax, magazines or brochures) any new products or promotions or services that is provided by the vehicle manufacturer(s) or its/their related corporations and/or the Sime Darby Motors Group companies in Singapore.
- to the vehicle manufacturer(s), its/their related corporations and contractors for the purpose of market research and product planning;
- to our business partners for the purpose of carrying out product promotions; and
- to our stakeholders and the vehicle manufacturer(s) and its/their related corporations and contractors for the purpose of carrying out audits.
||We will retain your personal information either for the period of our business relationship or, for the requisite retention periods as stipulated in any contractual arrangements or under any applicable law, whichever is the later.|
||If we change our data protection policy, we will e-mail you and may place notices on our web site, so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. Our email to you will require your consent to our use of your information in that way. Continued use of our services will signify that you agree to any such changes.|
||The information you provide may be transferred to our principals within or outside Singapore
for survey, audit and research purposes. By accepting these terms, you consent to these transfers. |
||You have a right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you and information about the ways in which your
personal data is used or disclosed during the past year. If you wish to exercise this right, please:-
We will reply to you within five (5) working days upon our receipt of your aforesaid request.
- put your request in writing and indicate whether you would like to have a copy of your
personal data or you wish to have information about the ways in which your personal data is
used or disclosed during the past year or both;
- include proof of your identity and address (
e.g. a copy of your driving licence and a recent credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
||You have the right to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge.
If you wish to exercise this right, please:-
- put your request in writing;
- provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. your account number, username, registration details); and
- specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
||You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you wish to exercise this right, please:
- put your request in writing by way of an email sent to us
- provide us with your name, NRIC number, mobile number, email and vehicle registration number to identify you;
- If your objection is not to direct marketing in general, but to direct marketing by a particular channel
(e.g. voice call, SMS, MMS, fax, mailers or email), please specify the channel you are withdrawing your consent to.
Please address your communications pertaining to our data protection terms to:
The Data Protection Officer
Performance Motors Limited
Sime Darby Performance Centre
303 Alexandra Road